THE MECHANICS OF MOVEMENT
The Mechanics of Movement – A deeper dive into the physical laws governing human motion and how to use them to train your clients to move more effectively.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Force, acceleration, work, energy, impulse, momentum, and power—the physical meaning of the terms and their implications to sport and exercise.
- How to interpret and analyze force plate and free body diagram data.
- Using Newton’s laws of motion to understand the importance of body positioning when training forward acceleration/deceleration, lateral change of direction, and jumping.
- How to use this knowledge to improve movement performance of your clients.
- The physics of acceleration, deceleration, lateral change of direction, and jumping.
In order to take maximum advantage of this course, it is recommended that attendees have a working knowledge of algebra and geometry.
Further understanding will be facilitated by basic knowledge of calculus principles.